Block Bash 2 Block Bash 2

Nice, but could be improved

Can't say I've played the prequel but I quite like the idea behind this piece, neat look to it, clean graphics, nice sound, and somewhat addictive gameplay. Seems generally well-programmed and produced apart from a few bugs, which are why I didn't rate higher than a 7/10.

examples: sometimes after clicking "submit" the score submit screen will remain until "replay?" is clicked.
Additionally, if the mouse button is held, the player can be dragged off-screen which makes it much easier to avoid red blocks and only catch the desired blocks.
Also upon failing the small green blocks continue to animate whereas the rest stop, but this is simply a graphical thing, and you may or may not see need to fix it.
( There was another bug which I was unable to replicate, whereby the gameplay would freeze while my mouse was on the stage and only run when I moved it outside the actual flash :s )

So overall good, enjoyable piece here, but perhaps has a few kinks to straighten out first. :)

Lineart Tutorial Lineart Tutorial

10 from me, too :)

Thank you for an excellent tutorial. The material was admirably comprehensive, and presented in a organised and appealing way. I liked the subtle cuteness and humour present in it too :3

Overall, a very professional, very educational, and very enjoyable tutorial. I can think of nothing to better it. 10/10

Keep up the good work

Death by Boxes Death by Boxes

Good concept but is missing some things

The overall concept for the game is good but it could be put together better; it lacks background music and sound effects for example. Although I assume the game is intentionally simple in appearance there is no reason why it couldn't be spiced up a bit with some more, perhaps add a border to the playfield, and perhaps try a different colour scheme. The graphics are quite basic but again this may be what you were in fact aiming for as part of the design. Apart from this there are some bugs such as money can go into minus figures in the shop and when you collide with a box your position should not be reset to center, at least not until after the character has become a dead angel ball thing.

As said good concept, so keep up the work, but try make it more visually appealing and add some audio for a better result! :D

Final Fantasy Mage War Final Fantasy Mage War

^_^

Good start to what could be a really nice game. Almost addictive, but repetition caused its downfall. The enemies need a slightly better AI other than simply homing in on the player. Nice idea, I like this. Needs more backdrops, maybe some tougher enemies. Only got to level 12 but it was still enjoyable for some time. Keep at it, improve it! ^_^

Bloxx Bloxx

^_^

Wow, seemed pretty good. Only things I would recommend are perhaps BGM and maybe a tad more interactivity. It was nice, but needed more of a point; I could construct, but nothing more. Good for what it is. I suppose the AS engine could be used to make a very slick game. I suggest you keep at it and make this as good as it can be. Good luck :p

Super Mario's Coin Hunt Super Mario's Coin Hunt

Good Attempt

Was a little borish, too easy for a start - needs more action, faster pace. Sound well... OK i suppose, as it was Mario. Erm graphics were, hah Mario also, though they could have done with some variation; more enemies, perhaps an animated background. Could have done with power-ups and/or different stages/levels of difficulty. Still, a good attempt. Keep it up ^_^

Sadism Sadism

Well it was ok. I particularly like "spear" and "roses and chocolate". What was up with "pet"?... Anyone good attempt I hpe this to see its way past jusgement. Keep tryin' (and fix that golf club frame!). Persevere! persevere!

Parabola V2 Parabola V2

Yey, great. Just the lack of lvls you discussed. For what this is, thumbs up! Great idea, this is the kind of addictive thing that could easily makes front page! - Well when you bring out v3 or 2.1 or whatever! Best of luck with the full version. Can't wait to play it!

Tutorial-4-U Tutorial-4-U

Sorry but I felt alot of things here were just wrong. It wasn't good as a flash tutorial, unfortunately -- as that is what it's supposed to be. Erm, I'm not trying to sound nasty here but perhaps you should learn some more things about flash before teaching others. There were things to criticise but I'll not go on. Learn some more techniques within flash. You can never go wrong with a flash music video! I wish you the best of luck in improvoing your flash skills - Have fun on your journey through the world of flash, that goes for anyone else who uses flash! :p

kickapkapk responds:

Thx for your honest opinion but this is a very old tutorial i made i figured if i put it up i could give people allitle help... This is like 6 months old... i am much better now... Im also way better in drawing too.

Get through it! Get through it!

If you want to stop ppl cheating by right clicking try making a transparent movieclip, rectangular, of stage size, top layer. Tell it [ on(press){gotoAndPlay(xx)} ] or something -- xx is a frame with CHEATER in big letters :p That ought to do the trick. Apart from that good work. I love these little things. Keep at it, make more. One of these made front page I believe a short while back. Can't go wrong with these [well you know...] Good luck for whatever it is you make next! [yeah, it wasn't as easy as it seemed too!]